Hamish’s Heroes 2022
Hamish’s Heroes is back for 2022 and BIGGER than ever before!
Hamish’s Heroes is a FREE and easy to use resource, which we are offering to primary schools to heighten awareness of hockey ahead of this summer’s Commonwealth Games in Birmingham. We would like schools to use these resources to inspire and enthuse pupils to try hockey, and hopefully encourage them to join a local club to continue their hockey experience!
Named after Scottish Hockey’s mascot, Hamish the Hockey Hippo, Hamish’s Heroes is a fun introduction to hockey for schools across Scotland.
The resource will help:
- introduce pupils to some of Scotland’s international players;
- provide access to coaching resources to allow school staff to deliver a short programme to increase physical literacy through hockey;
- highlight when you can watch games (including both Scotland teams) during the Commonwealth Games!
School staff, coaches, parents or Active Schools staff are welcome to register for one pack on behalf of their school. Each Hamish’s Heroes schools pack contains:
- Guidance notes for coaches/teachers on how to deliver a short hockey programme
- 1 x set of Fun 4s lesson plans for delivery with U10s
- 1 x set of Super 6s lesson plans for delivery with U12s
- A wall poster promoting the Commonwealth Games schedule with hints and tips from International players
- A set of individual booklets for pupils to take home
- A set of promotional Hamish the Hockey Hippo stickers
- Access to exclusive hockey related cross-curricular resources
For 2022, we are also looking to support school delivery by offering opportunities to access the following:
- Teacher CPD to support resource delivery in schools
- Access to local Fun 4s and Super 6s festivals in June at local venues
- Potential Hamish’s Heroes school visits
Sign ups for Hamish’s Heroes is NOW OPEN!
Please note: To ensure packs are able to be mailed out to schools as promptly as possible, all registrations received by Wed 27th April will receive resource packs in hardcopy format.
Registrations taken after 27th April will still be eligible for resources – but in ELECTRONIC FORMAT ONLY.
Please fill out the form below or click on the link below to register:
In This Section
Please select a section you would like to view.