sportscotland CPD and training opportunities
sportscotland have created a virtual learning environment and video resources are accessible free of charge HERE
Workshop topics vary from physical to psychological elements and further information can be accessed HERE. The workshops are delivered by a mixture of facilitators with expertise in a number of sports and will involve aspects of theory and practical delivery.
Some video resources:
Positive Coaching Scotland video
Understanding Talent video
Fundamentals of Movement video
Scottish Disability Sport
This entry-level module is designed for everyone but will be particularly useful to those who are new to inclusive teaching and coaching, those who would like to become inclusive teachers or coaches, or those who would like to gain confidence in teaching or coaching inclusively.
The module should take approximately 60 minutes to complete and can be completed in stages rather than all at once if you prefer.
There is no cost for this e-learning opportunity – all you need to do is register with us and you will then receive an email with a second registration link for the actual e-learning site. You can then enrol on the course and work through it at your own pace.
Six easy steps to access this training:
- Sign up with SDS using this link: sds.azolve.com. You may already have registered with us for other events and courses, and if so you just need to log in using your existing account. You only need to register with SDS once.
- Click on Introduction to Inclusive Practice E-Module to take you to the Inclusive Practice selection page.
- Choose which governing body fits you best and click on the logo.
- Click Book as an Individual, then Add to Cart, complete the registration questions and click Complete Order. Wait for a confirmation email; this could take up to 10 minutes. If you don’t see it please check your junk mail.
- The email will provide a link to register on the Brightspace virtual learning environment. Click on the link, enter your details and click Enrol on the Introduction to Inclusive Practice module (IIP).
- If you have never used Brightspace before, choose New Learner where you can set up your account and this will take you to the start of your learning. Other governing bodies use this environment for courses including CWPS so you may already have joined. If so, click Already Registered and you can add this module to your dashboard.
For more information, contact Colleen Reid
In This Section
Please select a section you would like to view.