The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is a formal, legal requirement that Scottish Hockey undertakes to inform its member clubs and trustees of the organisation’s previous and future activities. Scottish Hockey’s Directors Report and Accounts are also presented at the AGM.
Our most recent AGM was 19 June 2023 and the minutes of the meeting can be viewed here
In law, members of a company must be persons, hence our Articles of Association permit up to two or more named Trustees to be named act on behalf of each member club. Download our Trustee Guide. In terms of formal proceedings, trustees are the only members who have voting rights at Scottish Hockey AGMs and EGMs.
In the case where two or more trustees for one club have been confirmed, the most senior [“First Named”] Trustee will carry the vote for that member club. Each member club is eligible to one vote only.
Trustees who are entitled to attend and vote at the meeting, but are not able to attend, may appoint someone (who need not be a member or members) to come along and vote in their place.
Clubs should advise us asap who will be attending and voting but this should be completed by 5pm on 6 June 2023 by emailing [email protected]
Due to restricted numbers on our Zoom licence, only trustees or their appointed representative, can attend the meeting however we will be live streaming the meeting on our YouTube channel and you can click here for the link to it. https://www.youtube.com/user/HockeyScotland
Any change of Trustee must be notified to and accepted by Scottish Hockey in advance of the AGM via the Change of Trustee Form.
The proxy form should be delivered to Scottish Hockey not less than 48 hours before the time appointed for the holding of the meeting.
The agenda for the meeting is detailed below.
If your Trustees cannot attend the AGM, you should ensure that you nominate someone to vote on your behalf, by emailing us at [email protected].
Per article 32.3, the Directors may make whatever arrangements they consider appropriate to enable those attending a general meeting to exercise their rights to speak or vote.
Accordingly, the Directors have put in place the following measures in relation to the AGM:
In accordance with article 32.1, each member is to have the right to communicate with all of those at the meeting any information or opinions which that person has on the business of the meeting. This is facilitated by the Zoom platform.
In accordance with article 32.2, a person is able to exercise their right to vote where:
- the person is able to vote during the meeting; and
- the person’s vote can be taken into account at the same time as all other persons at the meeting
1. Welcome, introductions and apologies
2. To approve the Minutes of the Twenty-Second Annual General Meeting of the Company held via
Zoom on 20th June 2022. Copies of these minutes can be found here: Minutes AGM 2022
3. To receive the Annual Report – view here or download here
4. To receive the Accounts for the year ended 31st December 2022. Copies of the accounts can be
downloaded here: Scottish Hockey Union Ltd Signed Accounts 2022
5. Approve the appointment of board nominated Directors as selected by the board Nominations
Committee. Information on these can be downloaded here: New Director Bios
6. To approve the reappointment of Milne Craig as our auditors
7. To approve the membership fees for season 2023/2024. Information can be downloaded here: 2023_24 Proposed fees
8. To appoint the President: President 2023 – click here for bio
9. To appoint the Vice-President: Vice President 2023 – click here for bio
10. Questions from the membership / Any other business.
10.1. Scottish Hockey Heritage Group – Jenny Grassick, background documentation can be viewed here Scottish Hockey History Project
For further information or enquires, please contact us.
In This Section
Please select a section you would like to view.