TAKE PART IN HOCKEY
Hockey in Scotland is organised into a series of National, Regional and District competitions at senior and youth levels.
The hockey season traditionally runs from September to May, with an Indoor season and an Outdoor season running during this period.
All current or aspiring players wishing to participate in hockey competitions need to be a member of a club and/or school team who are affiliated to Scottish Hockey or a District Hockey Association.
If you want to play in senior hockey competitions, you can:
- Play for a member club whose team(s) participate in the national and regional league and cup competitions organised by Scottish Hockey.
- Play for a member club whose team(s) participate in the District league and cup competitions organised by the District Hockey Associations.
If you are of an age to play in youth hockey competitions, you can:
- Play for a member youth club whose team(s) participate in Youth Competitions.
- Play for a member school whose team(s) participate in Youth Competitions.
Youth players can also be selected by the District Hockey Associations to represent them in Inter-District Competitions at U18, U16 and U15 levels.
For those players who have ambitions of playing for Scotland, you may be interested in our performance programmes at U16, U18, U21 and Senior International levels.
Want to know more about participating in hockey competitions?
- Find a club in your local area to start playing in hockey competitions.
- Find out more about Scottish Hockey membership
- Want to play for Scotland or Great Britain?
- See the current season's fixtures and results page for all hockey competitions.
For more information about taking part in hockey competitions contact us