GB Coaching Club - Engaging Games for Children
Date: Wednesday, 19 November, 2014 - Monday, 24 November, 2014
Time: 18:00 - 19:00
Location: Glasgow National Hockey Centre
Parent helper? Club coach? Thinking about coaching but new to all of this? Well everyone is welcome to the first GB Club Coaching session in Glasgow.
The first session is about Engaging Games for Children.
By the end of the workshop coaches should be able to:
- Describe and understand the ‘C’ system model of positive development in hockey
- Apply the ‘C’ system model to their current development by putting into practice games from the Coaching Games for Children resources
- Develop practical ideas on HOW to deliver fun, exciting and dynamic games to facilitate effective learning environments for children
- Understand that the game is the teacher, the pitch is the classroom, the coach is the facilitator.
This workshop is designed for coaches that:
- Coach children in any environment (clubs, schools, etc.)
- Want for practical and up to date games to deliver to their players
- Need ideas on how to coach games rather than basic drills
- Want to share ideas and learn from other coaches
Book your place by emailing coaching with the topic, date and venue. The workshop costs £25 (ASHC members), £25 (SH members) and £40 (non members)